Owens at Home: New Beginnnings          
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Sunday, June 28, 2009

New Beginnnings

        Well...graduation is over and as far as I can tell nothing has changed except that I feel older and not a whole lot wiser yet? What happened? My last child has left the womb so to speak and I have the feeling that its still not over. Not that I feel its ever over, I am still parenting all my children in one way or another, all 5  of them. But this seems different? I don't know if its because I know it is the last one or its because its the most difficult one or I don't want it to be over? In the back of my mind maybe there is some deep fear of mine telling me wait, this one just isn't ready to leave the nest yet? Is there something left undone? Did I do enough to prepare her for what is to come? I'm just not sure? I have never had to second guess myself like this before. I have to say I really don't like this feeling.
        The last few weeks have been so fun. Just before graduation Jessica and her family surprised us with a visit. It was fun to have Josh, Raechal and Jessica attend the graduation ceremony with Mitch and I. Then during this time my friend that used to live on our street that moved away several years ago came for a visit. It was great fun to see her and spend time with her. Shelby and her daughters  grew up together and have stayed great friends over the years too. So all the neighbors have been going places to gether and having great times, and the kids having been hanging together until all hours of the night. Exhausting...right, but very fun. And sad now that they had to leave and go back to their own lives in Geneva, Illinois. We will miss them dearly until the next time we all can be together again.
         Now its on to Summer and the hot weather is finally here. Its one week until the 4th of July when we usually go to the Beach all day and night. But not this year! Because...we have two mommies that are pregnant! yes....Raechal Carron who is due at Christmas and Rachel Owens who is due in February. Yippeee....two new additions to the family. We are so excited. And we can't wait to hold those new little babies when they come. Congrads mom and dads!

No comments: