Owens at Home: monday...monday          
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Monday, April 7, 2008

monday...monday

    As usual Monday's are not high on my list. I am excited for a new week, but tired from the weekend. I love our weekends, we have such fun with all the kids and grandkids over. It  reminds me of how it will be in Heaven. This is as close as I can come to that feeling here on earth. I hope it will be even more grand.
 Hearing from friends just brightens my day. Sometimes when I am at home for a few days and haven't been outside I start to think that no one cares. Then someone will call or email me and things seem to be ok again. Does that happen to anyone else. I know I am not the best at doing things with friends. I need to improve on that. I always think everyone else is busy and then I don't think to call anyone. How selfish is that?
 I was reading a blog this morning(Cindy Duffy's) and she had put up a recipe for split pea soup. It was inspiration enough to try out the recipe. I am making it today. I had leftover ham from Easter and wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. Thanks Cindy! I will let you know how it came out. I really appreciate the whole blog thing. I am finding that I can't go a day without reading some of them. This  computer thing is so addictive to me. Its not that I don't have anything better to do? I can make that list longer now thanks to the "BLOG" thing. What can I say?
I have a card class his week and I am getting excited 'cuz we have so many people this time. I can't wait to see all the cards this time. This has been such a great idea, it gives you so many new cards, plus loads of ideas for other cards. Thanks to Lindsey!!! I love making cards as much as I love scrapbooking. I think they go hand in hand, what else would you do with all those scraps of paper?
WELL....I better get going or the soup won't get done.
HAPPY MONDAY!!!!

3 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

You are too funny! I'll have to let my mom know about your cute blog!

Split Pea Soup, huh? I think I may check out that recipe since I have left over ham in the freezer from Easter too. MMMMM, and cornbread with it, too! Thanks for the inspiration from your inspiration!

I understand what you mean about the whole computer-attachment thing! I love how amazing technology is.

Jamie said...

I don't get to hang out much with friends either. That's why I come to the Stop & Crop. I'm sure you think I'm wierd that I come & don't bring anything to work on but, I enjoy just the time away to have adult conversation with my friends. Love ya'!

Cindy said...

Sharon--how did your soup turn out? I hope you liked it. I don't have time to do cards right now in my life, but maybe I'll come like Jamie does and just visit!