Owens at Home: Fallling?          
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Friday, May 2, 2008

Fallling?

     OK, ok I will  tell you all about the fall in the store. Its not that exciting!
Mitch and I were in Albertson's walking with the cart and talking about all the stuff we needed to get, and I was looking off across the store. We were near the cash registers just walking with the cart and wham, the next thing I knew I was on the ground kind of in the splits, only twisted falling alittle forward. Can you get the picture? I had stepped right on top of a magazine. Because they are so slippery on their highly polished floor, I went sliding. At first I didn't think it was anything...
     but then later in our shopping I reached down a few shelves for something and felt a little pain. By the time I got home I couldn't bend at all. I know, how stupid that I didn't see the magazine on the floor. Even Mitch said"so you have peripheral vision?" I didn't think that there would be a magazine in the middle of the floor. I clearly wasn't paying much attention to where I was walking but I think there were special circumstances to this fall. Like it wasn't my fault!!!
Anyway, I do things like this every so often to myself. I just need to stay down until my back is feeling better and just watch what I do for awhile until it gets back to normal. I have been through this many times I am sorry to say. Bad genetics I guess.
  The good thing is I am getting caught up on paper work and reading. I guess sometimes we all need to stop and smell the roses so to speak. It always reminds that there are other things that need my attention.
   I am starting to feel better, but this is the crucial part. When I think I am ok and start doing all the stuff like regular. You would think that as many times as I have done this I would learn something? Slow down!!!
    I would like to get some scrappin' done. I feel better when I am creating. It makes all the other things seem less important.
   Wow! Its May. I can't believe how fast these last few months of school are going. Before we know it it will be summer. And the heat will be back. I need to use the pool more this summer, to keep cool and not use so much air conditioning. Or hang out at the mall?(wait, that could be dangerous)
Next week I am going to Dream Dinner with Raechal. She loves that place. And it does sound like a easy way to get prepared dinners done with out having to buy all the special ingredients that you will never use again. I am excited to go see what this is all about. Even though I really should be dieting. I feel like it is a loosing battle, but I know that I have to keep doing it, plus the exercising will be beneficial. If I can just keep my back thing from hurting?

4 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

Oh, I am so sorry about your back. Darn magazine! That must have been quite the fall. Hope it recovers quickly.

You'll have to let us know about Dream Dinners. Mike used to work right next door to one and I really wanted to go there when I was pregnant with Brooke (to have meals ready to go after her birth)...but then the morning sickness took over and planning food for a month was out of the question....I knew I wouldn't eat it no matter how good it was. Maybe I'll see if they have some places like that around here.

Cindy said...

Oh Sharon--that is just like something that I would do. Did anyone happen to get it on tape? You could win the prize on AFV!

Meredith, Josh's wife, goes to dream dinners sometimes. She really likes it for a change. Let me know what you think.

indymartin said...

The dream dinners are delicious! I can't wait until I can go make some for me and Micah. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Cindy said...

Sharon--WHERE ARE YOU??? Missing your posts....