Owens at Home: been awhile...          
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Monday, June 1, 2009

been awhile...

       I think I must say that everytime I haven't written anything for awhile?
 Anyway.... Shelby and I took a little trip a few weeks ago to Flagstaff for her college orientation. It was a little intimidating at first to her(or at least it seemed that way to me) but she rose to the occasion quickly. It was a 2-day event, where she stayed overnite in the dorm, with girls she had never met before. It was definitely eye opening... and she got a little taste of what it will be like in the fall. Good or Bad and I am not sure either way, I think she is excited about leaving home, or it seems like she is and I am thinking even if she isn't that excited about it she isn't going to tell me because she is so determined to go. We did talk awhile about living  in such a small space, that seemed to be alittle alarming to her. I think after living in a big house all her life and then going to a dorm room, will take alittle getting used to, and that is going to take some time to get used to. But I am confident she will have such a great time making the change to college life that she won't even know that she is changing? Wow!! My little Shelby is growing up!!!!  :(
       I think that empty nest syndrome is starting to settle in...oh know I am starting to feel like hummm.... changing that pink and orange room into another craft room( just kidding) I already have one of those. I won't be doing that I still plan on having her come home, at least once in a while to see her Mom(if I can talk her into it?)  
       We got to see Scott & Ashley while we were in Flagstaff. They are doing great. Scott is feeling prettty relieved to be out of school for awhile. He is still looking for a job, as they are planning on staying there for a year(or they think?) Who knows? We are hoping to see them some time in July. The summer will be here before long. Gosh....graduation is just a few weeks from now. Where has the time gone?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I remember her grocery shopping with you at 'Luckys' with her Bitty Baby doll! Now she is all grown up and going to college. Wow, that went fast.