Where did September go?
This last weekend we went to utah. We had a great time with Jessica and her family. It was fun to see the grandkids and play with them all. It rained the whole time we were there, but it was nice. I love the rain especially when you don't have to go anywhere. It all went by so fast
(it was just the weekend). I am wishing for a repeat maybe in a few months. I caught a cold while I was gone. I hate this, sniffing and coughing and just feeling miserable, can't breathe, yukky!! Maybe I just need to rest a little and it will go away. :)
Next weekend we will be on the road again this time to Flagstaff, to visit Scott and Ashley. We haven't seen them since July and we are missing them so much. This time we will be traveling with Josh & Rachel and their kids, and Toby & Rae and their kids. We are staying in a little cabin just outside of Flagstaff. It should be a fun little trip. Maybe we will get a chance to enjoy some fall weather. At night up there it is in the 40's already. I can't wait. I love the fall. The cool crisp air makes me want to make all those comfort foods. ( not that I need all those
wonderful comfort foods). Just sounds good.
I have been trying to get more things done at home, and not so much running around. I think its mostly because of the gas prices, but now and then I go a little crazy and want to just get out of the house. Guess where I usually go? If you guessed a craft store or scrapbook store you would be right. I can't seem to stay away from them. I love the feel of the paper and all the fun decorating tips. I always have. I have been dong a card swap for a while now. It is so much fun! Besides just getting out of the house and visiting with friends, I go home with some pretty cute cards. Thanks to all those involved it is always a fun night. I love making cards just about as much as I love scrapbooking. It kinda goes hand in hand if you think about it. What do you do with all those scraps?
As the national election is getting closer and closer I find myself hoping that the amercian people will do the right thing. I am scared to think of what this world is becoming. I know that Heavenly Father watches over us, and knows what is going on. I just have to keep my thoughts from wandering about. I just want America to be like it was when I grew up, ok....alittle better than when I grew up. I just pray for my family that they will all be able to live and prosper. I want so much for them, we as parents never stop wishing for that. I just have to believe that things will be the way they are supposed to be and just deal with it.
4 comments:
It was rainy here last weekend, wasn't it? But I love the rain.
I love the fall too....and all the yummy fall treats that go with it.
I am doing a card group right now, been about a year now, but I am running out of ideas! If you ever figure out how to post pictures on your blog, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see some of your homemade cards! I know how crafty your little hands are, so I know those cards you're making are way cute.
This IS an interesting, historic election, huh? It has really motivated most people I know to actually get involved this time, read the candidates platforms and vote!
SOOOO excited to see you all this weekend!
AMEN, sista! I'm feeling all the same things you are. Scarry times.
Hi Sharon, I am so impressed you are a BLOGGER. I know I would never keep it up, but am proud of our cute kids (yours and mine) that are so good at it!! Feeling the same way as you on the election stuff, and prop 8...we are praying for you all. Love, Deb Steffgen
Post a Comment